Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Moments Like This 193.365

 After a long and busy day, the older girls decided to relax in the den and watch a movie with my Dad (I think Nahida and my Mom watched too, but I am not sure) like they tend to do in the evenings and Meemsy and I slithered up to the art room for some quiet craft time together. It was dark out and the lights were lit bright enough for our projects, but still dim to keep the calm mood and we both worked away! Meemsy had a craft in mind and I had some work to do for my wedding and a secret project I am working on. Meemsy was given the privilege to enter the art room during the creation of the secret project. How special. ;)

It was so nice to just quietly be working in there together. I'd pick my head up from my side of the table and glance up at her concentrating so intensely to get her monkey family just right. Every so often her little voice would chime in and say something like, "Hey Mare, what do you think about this?" or "Do you think I can use your black Sharpee?" Little question from my little sweet girl during her project brought a smile to my face.

I really enjoyed that time together. It's funny, she is my shadow during a lot of the day (especially when Mono isn't around - when he's over, she's certainly his shadow), but this moment was extra special to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment