Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Adventures of a Not So Adventurous Girl

There are three adventurous things I'd like to attempt… and have been wanting to for a while! Kayaking, Yolo Boarding and Zip-Lining. If you know me well, you know I am really not adventurous. I like to play things on the safe side pretty much all the time. It is good for me to step out of the box and out of my comfort zone sometimes. I don't think zip-lining would be out of my comfort zone, but it's included with my list of adventures I want to go on. It may not seem adventurous to you, but this is where I want to start. Yolo boarding is something I've really been wanting to try, but I don't know of any place locally that I can attempt it. I am not strong or athletic (If you know me well, you know that too!) so it would be out of my comfort zone because I'm afraid I'd be too weak and make a fool of myself doing it. Kayaking is only considered something I'd step out of the box to do because I am a bit of a fear of lakes. I love them, but I am afraid of the fish and the possibility of snakes. I am not afraid in ocean water, just lakes. And I want to kayak in a lake… Going down a river would terrify me for the first try. Maybe once I get the hang of it I will advance to better waters. ;) But the unknown under the water and the possibility of tipping over into that unknown water just freaks me out. It would be worth bringing a video camera just in case I did in fact fall in. It'd be a show.

I think I really started to want to go zip lining when I saw Megan go here.
My already crazy desire to yolo board was intensified recently by Paige on her post from her vacation.
And kayaking... well, I've just always wanted to do that.

We have a really nice like within a short drive of our house (45 minutes or so) and I want to pack a picnic and go kayaking for the day. Maybe Mono would be up for that! That would make for a fun post, though I probably couldn't take many good pictures because unfortunately there is a chance of falling in and that is a big no-no when you have a camera in the kayak.

2 comments:

  1. I'm laughing, because I just relate SO much to this... I just kayaked this past weekend, for the first time.. and I refused to bring the camera because I knew I would surely fall in if I did! It was SO SO SO much fun... girl, if you can go, you MUST! I'm not a fan of lakes or rivers either, so I did a sit on top kayak in a harbor- very calm and safe. I am HOOKED. I was jumping up and down half the day because I tried something new that I was afraid of!

    Go for it. You won't be sorry you did.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read your post, I thought of you!! I definitely want to try kayaking now! Thanks for the little push to go! :)

    ReplyDelete