Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter! 113.365

 We had a wonderful day today. Started out with a little bit extra sleep, Mass and a light breakfast. Our family festivities began later in the afternoon so we were all able to rest and relax a while... which was much needed and appreciated.

 The Easter Bunny made a trip to our house this year... unlike any other year.


We got some clothes to take on our honeymoon and some fun food items for summer grilling and Pancake Saturdays... and an apron timer for all my baking while I run around trying to get other things done! You don't want to over-bake your cupcakes! ;) 



Apparently the Easter Bunny caught wind that I needed new socks. Thank you, Easter Bunny!
We definitely got some things that we needed, some things that will be put to great use wear in Aruba and some nice things for our new home... like the bunny tail blanket. It is soooooooooooo amazingly soft!

Of course today was not nearly just about presents. We started our day with the most important of all, at Mass, remembering what Easter is truly all about. And a day set aside to enjoy being together as a family is always wonderful. I greatly look forward to having a house of our own to invite friends and family to holiday meals.... Especially Christmas! I know it is Easter and Christmas is a long time away, but I do hope that I can have a big Christmas meal in our new home! I will definitely be blogging all about that when the time comes! I don't know where we will be on Christmas Day this year, hopefully in our new home if family can come visit, but we will see. I will certainly be really doing it up in our home for the entire season!!! 

Back to Easter though... Why do I get so sidetracked and so easily too!

I hope you all had a very happy and blessed Easter Sunday with your family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment