Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Bit of Worries and Love (105)

I'm changing my post up a bit before posting. 
I can't sleep... thus the editing.
Today Mono gave me this beautiful little rose.


I love unexpected little flowers or notes from my Mon! :) He's the best!
I put my rose right in one of my tiny vases in my room. I don't water them and when they are nice and dry, I put them in my box of flowers from him. I've had to increase the box size over the years. :) 

That's the love end of this post. 
Here comes the worries.

So I was over at Mono's tonight and I smelled smoke. He assured me it was just from the candle he blew out, but I was still a bit nervous because I know he sleeps well at night and I didn't know if that was for sure what that smell was coming from. If it was something to be concerned about, what if he slept through it?

Yes, I know I should have been sensible and known it was just the candle.
So I went home and of course I was worrying (it's something I am awesome at!) so I couldn't sleep. I don't think I fell asleep until somewhere around 1/1:30. Then at 4:00 I woke up to Jimmy running all over me in circles like a crazy little guy. He would stop and sit on me and run around more. I have no idea what that was all about. But our smoke detector upstairs was going off due to a low battery (I hate that!)... maybe that was what was setting him off. But as soon as I heard the beep, I immediately thought back to my worries before finally falling to sleep! I ran to my window to look out to the back of the property (Mono is in an apartment in the back of part of our property) and all I saw was smoke fog. I got so nervous and was so flustered having just woken up when I saw what I thought was smoke. I couldn't see flames, so I realized it had to be fog. I then fixed the smoke detector and tried to go back to sleep. It didn't happen. I listened to 3 homilies (all about 20 minutes long), watched part of a movie and probably got up to look out the window 4 or 5 times just to be sure

Boy oh boy! I was a nervous wreck all night all through this morning. I worry incredibly easy. I wish I wasn't so anxious or worrisome. Any tips on taking a chill pill?!

Hopefully no smoke detectors will be in need of new batteries tomorrow night. I don't sleep well at all to begin with. I need more sleep than I've gotten so far tonight. I'm exhausted.

I guess all the worries and lack of sleep shows just how much I love my Mon. If I knew that he could be in harm, I would have sat up and watched out the window, but thankfully I knew that it was just a candle he blew out, it was just fog and it was only a bad battery in the smoke detector!

No comments:

Post a Comment