Friday, March 18, 2011

The Night Before... (76)

The night before...
My 25th Birthday!

This is my last post before I turn 25. It kinda sounds a little old, doesn't it? Not old in a bad way though. I am really looking forward to this age. Lots of fun events happening! Today was a full day. A lot went on for us today. I am glad today finished and was a good day and I look forward to tomorrow!

Today I worked on putting up some decorations for tomorrow. I have one more thing I am finishing to have done for the "party" - aka - dinner with my family.



I don't have a whole lot planned for my birthday. Here's what I am thinking. 

Sleep in a little bit.
Breakfast with Mom, Dad and Mono at Hardees. I love their biscuits so I asked if we could eat there instead of at home so I could get an egg and cheese biscuit for my birthday. 
Then I plan to come home, shower and get myself ready for the day and head to Mass at noon.
Once I get home, I'll eat a quick/light lunch and then get started on all the cupcakes!
I have to put a couple more decorations up and bake cupcakes and after that it will be time to start dinner. Mom and I are making dinner together... I think Mono may help some too.
It's going to be a simple day, but I am really looking forward to it. Being home with family is a wonderful way to celebrate!

Tomorrow is also St. Joseph's Solemnity! I have a devotion and love for him so I always enjoy his day. There are actually a few people I will really be thinking about tomorrow.
Like I have mentioned, I shared my birthday with my Grandpa (Dad's Dad) so this will always be our day. I will certainly not forget him tomorrow.
There are a few people close to me that have a real devotion to St. Joseph so they are always in my thoughts and prayers.
But, tomorrow I will especially be thinking about my Aunt and her family. Exactly one year ago, on my birthday, her young niece was tragically killed and her loss has not been easy on them. How could it be? I wish I could fly to her and give her a warm hug tomorrow. I think she may need all the hugs she can get. Please keep her and their family in your prayers. 
So, even with all the fun festivities of my birthday, I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow.

Right now, I am looking forward to getting my pjs on.
Snuggling up in my bed.
Waking up tomorrow to a bright new day with much to be thankful for and look forward to! 

Good night and I will talk to you when I am 25.


1 comment:

  1. Mare, your words are so heartfelt and wonderful. I hope your day is as wonderful as YOU!! Love you sweet one!

    ReplyDelete