Monday, March 7, 2011

Days Like This

I really hate days like this
It actually started out quite well. I was able to sleep past 7 (just a little after) and I had the morning to get my stuff done and then I went to Church at 10 and ran my errands and that is where things apparently made the turn downhill. 
And let me just add that I have less than dial-up speed on my computer so I can't really do much of anything. I don't even want to tell you how long I had to wait to get blogger to come up for me. I am currently writing this on my note pad on my computer because it is still loading. I am trying not to think about it, and just write. 
But back to my day gone awry. So things were good until I got into town. I had four projects for myself today. Creative, fun ones. One project involved picking up a piece of molding and the other three projects required some supplies from the craft/fabric shop. So three projects that I was quite excited about starting. I was pretty sure that I wouldn't be able to finish them all today, but I'd be able to get a good start to them. So project one, which I will call the molding project, I went to Lowes and they did not have what I was looking for. I decided to stop at the lumber/hardware store on the way home and they didn't have exactly what I was looking for, but I thought I could make do. Buuuut, the only piece was sixteen feet long! I would never have been able to fit that in my car and I wasn't able to get it cut to size. Okay, so well that put an X on that project, for now at least. 
And then I got home to start project two. So I got all my supplies and materials out and then I took the pattern apart and saw that not all of the pieces were in the packet!!! I was furious! It is going to be quite the pain to replace this thing. So project 2 gets an X as well. 
Project three… I needed to print out a template for something and my printer would only print out blank pages AND the lady at the fabric store sold me the wrong interfacing. Oh great, this should be fun when I actually get to do it. Let's put an X here too. 
And project number 4, so it didn't feel left out, got an X as well. I had left an important piece of the project at Mono's so I am going to have to wait until I go over to his house to pick it back up… 
So yeah, that was my day. And it isn't even dinner time. I still have a lot of time before I fall asleep. 
Do you ever have days like this, where everything seems to go awry? 
How do you deal with them? 
I am putting all my projects aside for the day, unless Mono comes through with the templates. He was going to print them out for me, but we aren't sure if they are the exact size I need. He may drop them off for me tonight. I am hoping they work because if they do, I will maybe cut them out and kinda get them together so I can work on putting it all together at another point. We shall see what happens. 
And tonight is Runday Monday, so that means after dinner I head to the gym. My running has been quite pathetic lately. I have to figure some things out to get back on some sort of a track. I have been having really bad breathing problems and I am hoping I have an answer to this problem. Maybe I will find out tonight. Fingers crossed. 
Maybe the day will start and end well. :) 
Oh, and I got half way home and realized that I had totally forgotten one of my important stops. I guess that is going to be saved for another day. 
Here's to hoping for a good ending to this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment