Friday, August 19, 2011

Thank you!

Do you ever feel like you are unappreciated, unnoticed and no matter what you do or how much you do, there are people whizzing by you left and right, seeming to be doing so much more? Are there days where you cook your family meals, seemingly night after night, keep your house a true home for your family, not leading a big career driven life, and all you want is a little thank you or something to be noticed? There are days when it seems like I have done all I could possibly do, and it feels as though not enough has gotten done, someone has done better, and what I do is completely and utterly not enough. I know it is partially me doing it to myself. I know the other part is that my mind knows that it is the way this world we live in works. Do you ever have days like that? Maybe you have or maybe you will. Well I am here to say, I know exactly how you feel, and I thank you for those little unnoticed and unappreciated moments. It feels so much better to get a thank you, a hug or a simple little smile after a deed done for someone. Nothing big, but just something small. By no means am I saying that you should do things to get attention, but do you know what I mean or where I am trying to get at? Sometimes it's just a smile that hits you right or a kind little thank you, that can make your whole unnoticed, seemingly unimportant day, just turn around and become one of the best days ever! So, thank you for what you do. For your family, in your community, for people you know and love or complete strangers. I appreciate those little small gestures myself, so if you are feeling like this tonight, or any time at all, know that there are other people thinking just like you!

Or…. maybe, this is just one of my other oddities and no one else ever feels this way! Lucky you if that is true! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment