Wednesday, May 11, 2011

New Growth 130.365

I have a feeling that along with our new home will come a lot of new growth... in many ways. This will be the very first time I leave home for an extended period (let alone forever) of more than 3 weeks (I spent about 3 weeks with my friend in Chicago one summer). I never went away to summer school as a child. I did not go away for four years for college. Nothing. Zip. Nada. Just those 3 weeks with my best friend. That's it. This will be a time of growth for me for sure. I am independent in my own ways, but I have always had the comfort of home around me. Starting October, I will have a home of my own to create... a home of our own - Mono and I. I will be the one in charge of all the things I grew up watching my Mom, aunts, grandmothers and my parents friends so lovingly do. It is my turn now. I will make mistakes for sure, but I am looking forward to the challenge ahead. I really am. I can't wait to go grocery shopping to stock my own pantry for meals during the week. I can't wait to pull my own weeds and plant my own little garden. I have a lot of those little, ordinary, everyday things that I am greatly looking forward to. There will be a lot of new areas for me to grow come October and I am looking ahead with a clear mind, a full heart and lots of excitement. Of course it will be hard and a big adjustment, but that is normal and will eventually pass and my new home will become the norm for me. 

Dear friends gave Mono and I this hydrangea bush for our new home. I cannot wait to find the perfect place in our new garden. We will be able to start working on the house in September, so I plan to work on my gardens at that point and put this sweet plant in just the right spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment