Friday, May 20, 2011

It's Magic! 139.365

Who would have ever thought that a couple sour limes could turn into sweet watermelon in a matter of minutes?! If you know me well, you know I detest watermelon... unless it is fake. Watermelon gum, candies, you name it... The fake flavor is yummy, but the real stuff. I cannot even get down! Oddly enough, years ago when I lived up north, I entered a watermelon eating contest. Yes, that's right. I gag on the texture and flavor, but I entered... and won second place! I still do not know what possessed me to do this, and I don't think I will ever know. We had pictures somewhere and in our move, I have yet to find them. I hope I do one day. I like the color combination of this summer fruit... it's very Lilly-like (Lilly as in Lilly Pulitzer - I love her fun patterns and colorful prints!)... I love the feel of cutting watermelon too! Just not the texture and taste in my mouth.

This was a light and fun summertime treat that I will be making again! This time my sorbet was super soft for some odd reason so it was pretty drippy. Next time I will make sure it is not so soupy. They were still very tasty though.


No comments:

Post a Comment