Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Before and After 306.365

I fell in love with our house from the very first sight of it. There was something about it, before I even walked inside that I just knew that it would feel like home. And it has for sure! The one thing I didn't fall in love with is the color of the front door. I like the color red, but it didn't seem to give our house the feel I wanted. It didn't go with our colors inside at all and I felt like that is the first glimpse of color you see and it should carry into the rest of our home. Why have a red door when you walk in and red isn't seen anywhere in our home? So, I found a paint swatch at my new favorite store, Home Depot. We chose a Behr color. I have used so many brands of paint, but not Behr. Let me tell you, it's not the cheapest, but it is soooo worth it. I was pretty much able to paint our red door with one coat. It's a primer/paint combo so that helped, but it was amazing. I did two coats anyway, but it truly coated it well with one coat. Two was necessary in my opinion though. 


I've had a base case of laryngitis these past few days, but I was getting stir-crazy so I quickly hopped on over to Home Depot to pick up my paint yesterday. I painted the first coat around 4:00 so it would be noticed when Mono drove home from work. I was not sure what he was going to think of it being that it was a bit lighter than I thought it was going to be. Thankfully he liked it. He pointed out to me though that it was a very Martha (as in Martha Stewart) color. I smiled. I love Martha. I'm not sure why. I don't like her personality. I think I just love all that she knows and I am in love with the set of her show. I wish it was my house! I'd love to go to one of her shows!! Home Depot also sells Martha products! I just like to look at them when I stroll the aisles. :) I used to be a big Lowes fan, but when we moved, Home Depot was right around the corner and I thought it would be hard to transition over. No way. I instantly fell in love with the big orange guy! :) Oh, we also got new handles. Last week Mono and I replaced every single door knob and lock in our house and the front door needed to be ordered. It arrived yesterday and we put it up late last night! I think it's cute! Oh and don't mind that chipped red area by the lock. I have to touch that area up today. I didn't want to get in the way there while Mono was working in that spot. 

So that's our before and after of the first glimpse into the colors of our home!!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Isn't it fun how just a swithc of color can make all the difference.
    I love the red color and actually have a red door on my house....but you are right..unless it is carried throughout your design it doesn;t work. My livingroom wall is the red you see as you enter...so it definitly makes a warm and dramatic statment. :-) Many bellssing in your new home. can;t wait to come for tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you can see I didn't have my glasses on when typing...LOL excuse the errors. OH MY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your new headline photo!!!

    The more I see your house, the more I get excited to visit! It's so beautiful and welcoming!

    ReplyDelete