Monday, October 18, 2010

Unwelcome Visitors


Yes folks, ants. My unwelcome guests were ants. Not just any old ants, but fire ants! Yikes! They may be small, but they huuuurrt! I pulled up to my mailbox to get today's mail after a long day of running errands and was surprised by fire ants all over my mailbox! I then check out the situation and saw they were all squirming their way up the mailbox post from the ground and were all on the outside and inside of the mailbox! They were all over my mail too, so what should have taken 10 seconds took a few minutes of very carefully removing each piece without being stung by one, shaking the vicious little guys off each piece of mail! I was praying not to come in direct contact with any of the critters...and it was successful! I now have a new errand to add to my list for tomorrow... spray to kill ants! I don't want to have to deal with these guys again...and after tomorrow, they won't want to mess with me!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment