Monday, October 25, 2010

It's Been A Long Day

It has been such a long day. Really, really long. It actually started last night, before I even went to bed. We were having storms last night, that were going to be sustained throughout the entire night, into the early hours of the morning. I never enjoy storms that hit overnight. We have an alarm radio that sounds inside our house when there is an alert for severe weather. Well, last night, I think it went off more than it stayed quiet. It's also really loud! Thus, no sleep! I have been exhausted all day long. I had so much to get done today, yet I had no energy to do any of it. If my day even started and you don't consider yesterday just blending in with today, I was up at at 'em at 7:30. I had things to get done at the house, then I showered, went to Church, had lunch, got some more things done at home, ran a bunch of errands, came home, prepared dinner, cleaned the kitchen and cleaned out the refrigerator. Mono came over for dinner, we ate, I did all the dishes (there were a ton of them after dinner and a cleaned out fridge) and then...time to relax, watch tv, enjoy some warm, fresh out of the oven peach dottie and blog! :) Mono and I are watching tv and hanging out for a little bit. I love evenings like this. :)

Being that I was so tired today, I didn't have it in me to cook a huge meal. There is so much you can do with chicken, and it's easy to work with, so that is what I went with. I made Italian, garlic and asiago chicken...asparagus seasoned with Mediterranean seasoning sea salt...French style green beans...and baby spinach salad with red peppers, croutons, sunflower seeds and Craisens with Nina's homemade balsamic vinegar dressing. It was relatively simple, but tasty! Dessert was easy. I love my Grandma's recipe... we call it Peach (or apple) Dottie (after her - Dorothy). Super easy and super tasty. I love it served warm right out of the oven. So, that was our dinner and dessert for the evening.

Hopefully tonight will be more restful and I will have more energy for the day ahead tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment