Saturday, October 23, 2010

So Dreamy!

                                     




Dreamy... as in Dreamland (barbecue), dreamy! Mono had gone there for dinner with his co-workers and has been wanting to take me there ever since! We didn't have anything planned for today, so he said he'd like to take a drive and eat lunch together. I'm always up for lunch with him! :) So, off we went!

   
 Mono really likes the guy on the sign! :) I should find out who he is exactly. I am sure he is "Mr. Dreamland." Don't you think? So, it's a really cool place, tucked away in the outskirts of the city. :) I love finding little treasures hidden away! Don't you? What's your favorite hidden treasure tucked away somewhere?
 Look at all those racks of ribs!!! This was only half of the grill! Don't they look yummy? Oh, they really were! How many racks do you think they serve each day? While we were there, we saw them re-load it after this round! Crazy, huh?
 I had to take a picture of this neon-lit sign! So random, and kinda funny in a not-so-proper way! Don't tell my Mom I am laughing at the word, "farting." My parents raised me better.... I think. ;)
 Now here's the real good stuff! I lllloooooovvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeee real, Southern sweet tea! Ice....cold....sips.... :) I hear the more you drink, the sweeter of a person you become. Or so I've been told. ;) So, I'm thinking, by the time I am doubled in age, maybe I will be a super sweet lady!
 The bar area was pretty cool. I loved the brick walls with the neon signs and tv screens, old bottles of beer, little white twinkly lights and the vast collection of license plates. They also had these brown boxes with autographs all over them. I thought that was pretty cool. I remember reading the Barenaked Ladies on one box, a soccer team (can't remember which one at the moment)... There were a lot of them, but I was too far away. I will have to take a closer look next time I am eating there... and there will be a next time. :)
 They have a lot of these neon-lit signs hanging on the walls and in the windows in the front.
 Our meal! :) This is actually called a rib sandwich. Not really sure why, but I think it's cool. ;) Mono and I both ordered the same thing. It has a little bit of a tangy taste, and eventually, it gets spicy!! I'm not big on spicy food, so my mouth felt like it was catching on fire, but it was sooooo good. Totally worth it. And the sweet tea and sides helped too! I love southern sides! :)
 I didn't have any of the bread, but Mono loved it! It is really soft, white bread. Apparently you dip it in the extra sauce. I'll have to try it next time. I was too busy enjoying my ribs and mac and cheese!
 Their fries are really good. They are seasoned well, but I don't know what exactly is on it. This was actually a small fry. Together, we couldn't even finish it! I can't imagine what a large must look like! Do you think any one person can actually eat more than this small?
 Ahhhh, my mac and cheese! I love this stuff! I like to try it whenever I go to a southern restaurant, I like to try it out. This ranked pretty high! :)
 I was really enjoying my meal. Though I notice, I eat ribs quite weird... Look at the position of my fingers! haha- I found another picture of me eating ribs previously... same exact position. I think I have to work on that. ;)
 Mono enjoyed his meal too! And he eats his ribs the right way. Or maybe my way can be considered the right way. Should I teach him to hold his ribs with his fingers all dainty or whatever you want to call it?! hahaha-
 Isn't this bar quirky and cool? I loved it! Look at all those license plates! They were from all over the country. I spotted a few states I really love. :)
 Where do you think they get all of these? Do people just randomly give them a license plate?
It was certainly a dream worthy meal and I look forward to going back for another!! If you are ever in the area, I highly recommend you stopping by! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment