Thursday, October 28, 2010

Oh The Worries…

Do you worry? I do. I worry a lot actually. I have big worries and real tiny ones too. I try to do my best everyday to make everyone happy, and most of all, God happy. I know I fall short of this very often; I am sure each and every day. A lot of this comes from worrying. Am I doing what they want? Am I doing what He wants of me? I talked too much in that conversation. I should have said this. I shouldn't have said that. And the biggie… What If? This reminds me of the quote from "Letters to Juliet." "What and If are two words as non-threatening as words can be. But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life: What if? What if? What if?"

I worry about the future and what God has planned. I know He will take care of me better than I could have ever imagined or hoped for, but I still worry. I know this, but I don't know how to let it sink in for me to remember and live…. For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.  Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will hear you. You will seek Me and find Me, when you seek Me with all your heart. 
~ Jeremiah 29:11-13

Do you have any tips to not worry? To give it all to God and let Him do His best for you? I'll let you know if I figure something out. Until then, I guess the worries keep coming to visit me. Do you suppose all the worries are just trying to be my friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment