Wednesday, July 3, 2013

be still my heart

A few years back I got my first DSLR camera. While I am in no way a real photographer, it is something I love. I am not great at it, I don't know how to use photoshop, but I love to capture the little moments of my day. Last August when our little men arrived, the number of pictures skyrocketed. From Jan 1, 2013 until today, I am nearing 9,000 pictures of them. Just them. It's a sickness. Back when I was looking into cameras, I didn't have a big budget. My parents ended up giving me the Rebel t1i and the kit lens and I fell in love. It's certainly not top of the line, but it was in a reasonable price range when considering these cameras. My dream lens that I wanted was a 50 mm 1.2, but the lens alone was more than I could afford (or ask for) for the entire package. So I went to the 50 mm 1.4 and I do love it. I look at camera equipment, blogs, websites, etc at least 4 times a week. It is something I love. I'd love to find the right online photography program, but have yet to find one. Lately the hibgs has been doing camera research for work and it has gotten me going on high speed again looking at lenses and such. I've been happy with my camera body until recently and last night, was the icing on the cake for me. I got my hands on, only momentarily, a Canon D Mark III with that beautiful 1.2 lens!!! Be still my heart. If only I had a stash of money saved up, won the lotto, was naturally super rich, or had a reason to justify such a purchase... well, I do think I have a reason. Two reasons actually... Gus and Will. I've thought of every way around trying to get this combo for myself. I know it is a very elaborate and expensive and seemingly needless (to some people) desire, but a girl can dream, can't she? I've thought of bribing certain people, if they donate to the cause (The Gus and Will Camera Fund - I'm blaming it on the boys; they'll never know), I will send them 100 personal pictures each week - or something like that. I am willing to work with them. I've thought of bribing a certain hubs that if I don't make my little piles and I get through each week keeping clean and tidy to his standards, I get $10 to the fund. Oh, I've thought of it all. So now I am just resorting to the fact that I will only get this if God sends an angel to my door with the exact amount.... or a B&H box arrives with one to my doorstep. ha. Like I said, a girl can dream! And to increase the dream even further, I'd like that envelope of money or the box from B&H before August so it can come with me to the boys first big beach vacay and their first birthday festivities!!! Keep on dreaming Marezy!

No comments:

Post a Comment