Thursday, July 11, 2013

we're more than best friends

On July 11 (7-11 - how fun is that!?!) of 2008 my very dearest and lifelong friend married the man of her dreams and I was lucky enough to be one of her bridesmaids in their wedding. She was a beautiful bride on that warm and sunny day and five years later she is a beautiful and amazing wife and now a mother to two very cute little men! I can't believe that five years have passed, but I know they have been five very blessed years for their sweet and growing family!

Happy Anniversary dear friend! I love you and your family with my whole heart!

Here is a picture of her on her sunny and warm wedding day and me on my cold and rainy wedding day. Two very different days, but two very similar faces! We may not be sisters by blood, but in our hearts we certainly are. I think you can see that in each of our faces! She was my Matron of Honor at my wedding... but unfortunately she wasn't able to physically be there. Her first little handsome man was arriving a little earlier than expected, just two days later so she had to stay behind. She wrote the most beautiful and perfect speech for us and a mutual friend read it aloud for us and our guests. I know she wasn't there, but some how, God allowed her to be in all of my wedding day memories. What a gift! And what a gift she is!

Katie, you are a beautiful wife and mother and your husband and sons are very blessed that you are theirs. And I am blessed to have such a loving and beautiful friend. I will love you forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment