Tuesday, July 9, 2013

mini kitchen makeover

Slowly but surely somehow we find the time to get some home improvement projects done. I have a very knowledgeable and handy aunt and uncle and they volunteered their time and tools to help with my kitchen project. Our goal was to tile the backsplash in the kitchen. It wasn't a very large area so if I was able to find tile in our budget, this would be doable. My uncle did the cutting, my aunt did the measuring and I did the installing. It was a lot of fun!

Befores:



Afters:






It just adds a little touch, yet isn't a drastically different look. I had made the white curtains when we first moved in and didn't know how we were going to be decorating and as much as I loved the clean and simple look, I wanted a small splash of color in there so I purchased new fabric and made new ones. Same style. ha.

We have a lot of baby items in our kitchen and it isn't any designer kitchen, but it is functional for our family. I'm always changing little things up here and there, but all but one of the big kitchen projects is done. Last is to install a new light above the island. I just have to find the right fixture. I'm always on the lookout, but I have yet to find one I like in my very limited budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment