Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Southern Thing!

I may not have been born a "southern girl," but I surely love a lot about the South... maybe not specifically the part of the South that I live in, but in general, I like it. I like the classier areas, not the areas in the middle-of-NOWHERE! I like the cute little small towns, I like the upscale areas, I like the touristy areas, like Nashville.... And speaking of Nashville... Tonight is the CMA's! :) I love this award show. It is by far my favorite! I am enjoying all of Carrie's wardrobe changes. I love her!! :) People in the South are so nice, talk about Southern Hospitality. It is true. Sometimes, people are so nice that it's too much! haha- I grew up as a city girl...from New York! Living in the Deep South is waaayyy different! Everything is slower, quieter, just different. AND! I cannot forget the sweet tea! If you ask for un-sweetened tea, they look at you like you have three heads! When we first moved here, we'd go into a store, and the cashier would ask us what we were cooking with our groceries, what our plans were for Thanksgiving or Christmas.... things you'd talk about with a dear friend or neighbor. It was not something we were used to. I enjoy it (when I'm not in a crunch for time). There are certainly pros and cons living here. A big con is the tornado weather. And a big pro, the CMA's! :) I love southern celebrities! :) I wish I could be there right this very second... even just in the city! :) It has to be a great night in Nashville.

Here's a quick list of a few things I like down here:

Sweet Tea
Barbecue
Southern hospitality
The simplicity of life
Living less than 5 hours from the beautiful Gulf of Mexico!!

No comments:

Post a Comment