Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Number 19

So, if you go back and look at my post about the 101 things I would like to do in 1001 days, you will see that number 19 is.... get engaged. I am beyond thrilled to say I can finally cross that one off! Mono proposed on Sunday, so it still hasn't been a full week. I am not sure if it has fully set it. Each day I think it is a little bit more. I am sooo excited and very, very happy! Everyone is asking about any plans I may have made, but I am still trying to figure this all out. I don't even know where to begin for sure, but I am doing what I think I should be doing. ;) Thanksgiving is tomorrow so I am going to enjoy the day, and I will spend some time between now and Christmas working on plans, but I will go into full swing comes January! I have a planning binder, a notebook and a few other little goodies to help keep me organized. I have a canvas tote that I am working on embroidering some doodles on to hold all of this in. I am really enjoying the little bits of planning that I have already done. I can't wait for this process to be in full swing!

I have the most wonderful fiancé and I am looking forward to doing this together. He can be as involved or uninvolved as he chooses, but I am loving talking to him about little tidbits so our wedding is really ours. Tomorrow (Thanksgiving) is our first holiday as an engaged couple. It's pretty exciting! Mono's family has been visiting and last night my wonderful aunt had a nice meal for both of our families before his parents left (this morning). My cousin made us an adorable cake and it was very tasty too! It was so nice to have our first extended little celebration! The night we got engaged my parents had a nice dinner at our house for the six of us. It has been so nice enjoying these first few days as a newly engaged couple with both of our families together.

I will be posting a lot more about this topic, but for now, I have some things to do and I am pretty tired. I'd like to get them done and then just relax. The past few days have been full and busy... in a wonderful way though!

No comments:

Post a Comment