Friday, January 8, 2010

Those Are The People Who Make The Clouds!

One day, years ago, I was in New York with my little sisters and one of them said to me with such excitement in her voice, “MARE!!!  Look!  Those are the people who make the clouds!”  Looking in the direction she was pointing, I saw that there were smoke stacks filling the sky with what looked like clouds and she was so excited to see that sight, a sight she had never seen before.  She had to only be 5 or 6 at the time.  Now I look at her, a beautiful girl, 13 years old, smart, funny, loving and kind, and I think back on days like this and see how much she has made me smile in life.  From day one all of my sisters have put a smile on my face.  There’s times that I am strict or seemingly hard on them, but only for their good.  And I love them with my whole heart.  Now, want to know something?  They aren’t sisters by blood.  These four girls are my sisters in my heart though.  In 2000, they moved to America with their parents, speaking not a word of English, as refugees from the Bosnian war.  The oldest was about 7 and the two youngest were 4 (they are identical twins – That took me a little while to tell them apart, but now they are both beautiful individuals that I can very easily tell apart).  They have a remarkable story!  I love them to pieces.  And then, back in 2003, my youngest little sister was born here in America and I will never forget that day!  She has a picture of me holding her in the hospital, and always says she remembers that!  haha- Good memory little one! :)   So there are many memories I am very grateful for given to me through my 4 sisters…other than that, I am an only child.  So they bring an extra special brightness to my life! I love you girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment