Friday, January 8, 2010

A Best Friend

Friends come in and out of your life in so many ways, shapes and forms.  The funny thing for me is, it seems as though the rule to be my best friend is for your name to be Kathleen.  My two best friends have the same name.  One lives in New York and I have known her since the day I was born and we have been the best of friends since.  I am horrible to keep in touch on the phone so I don’t talk to her as much as I would like or as much as I should, but I think about her ALL of the time.  The other Kathleen, who is from Chicago, has been a friend for what feels like my whole lifetime too.  I don’t really remember a time without her.  We have been friends for years and met through our home school year book.  We started out writing letters for years, then added in talking on the phone and meeting in person, then going on vacations together and just keeping each other in each other’s lives as much as possible.  I love both of these girls more than anything and I am so blessed to have them in my life.  There have been other friends that I have met that have blessed me tremendously and taught me a lot in life and I am so thankful for those girls too.  There have also been people that have come and gone, who I have had to learn the hard way about true friendship, but through it all, I have come to appreciate what true friendship is.

No comments:

Post a Comment