Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Start Of My Little Thoughts...

I've never written a blog before, but I thought I'd give it a whirl.  I love to write and have secretly been wanting to do this for a while now, but never thought I'd have anything of importance to write about, but I decided no matter how small my life may be, I'm going to do it!  So here I go... writing little thoughts about my little life.  This past week I was up north visiting some family and close friends and now I am back, just in time to get ready for this wonderful Christmas season!  I certainly miss my little sisters back up in Maryland, but I am looking forward to spending Christmas with them.  I came home yesterday and I will be going back up there one week later, next Friday, to spend a few days before Christmas and to celebrate Mono's birthday with him and his family.  I am really looking forward to that too.  Tonight I am babysitting my god-daughter for the evening and am loving it!  She is such a sweet little girl and I love her very much! :)  She fell fast asleep in Mono's arms and then I took her for a little before putting her in her crib and it was such a wonderful and peaceful little bit of time.  I could have sat with her in my arms all night, but I thought she'd be a bit happier in her crib.  She is all curled up, with her blankie, sucking her thumb... a bit like me as a little girl.  Now Mono and I are doing some of our on-line Christmas shopping!  I LOVE this time of year!  The music, the movies, scents coming from all around - the Christmas tree (or in my case, a Yankee candle!), baking, especially cookies (our family has a tradition that my Grandma started - cookie day - we bake Christmas cookies ALL day long!!!)... the lights, the decorations... Oh it is just wonderful!  I have two Santa collections, one collection lines our stairway and the others all sit on the glass shelves in the den.  Unfortunately my collection on the stairs has come to an end since we are out of steps, but there is still room for ones on the shelves! :)  I love to decorate for Christmas... I am sure I got it from my mom.  We have decorations all over!  Garland and lights, ribbons and bow, my Santas, lights in the windows, wreaths on the doors, the tree... it goes on and on and on.  I also set up a Christmas village.  It takes me days to set it up and it has been something I have been doing since I was about 9 years old.  So for about 14 years I have been collection my little houses and accessories and setting it up under the tree each year... in recent years it has grown too large to fit under the tree and now it takes up a third of our living room!  So I have one week to get this all done... and I have a lot of sewing to do for Christmas presents!  So much to do and so little time!  Well, this is a pretty boring first blog.  Hopefully I will get more interesting as I figure this all out.  ;)  Merry Christmas everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment