Tuesday, December 29, 2009

NY, NJ, MD all in one day – Cool snow boots, a great visit and coming so close to an awesome job, a sleep over with the BEST little sisters and a full day ahead… and all this means, one day closer to seeing my Monito!

Well, I woke up this morning in New York, ate a delicious bagel with my grandparents for breakfast and enjoyed a little more time visiting with them before we left…then off to New Jersey, our next stop.  We stopped there for a lovely visit with my Mom’s sister and her family.  It was unexpected, but wonderful!  We visited at the house for a while and then headed out for some shopping!  My cousins and I always used to LOVE to shop together when we were younger and … we still do!  :)   Had lots of fun and it was a successful outing to the store.  Then home for a delicious dinner that my cousin, Theresa, cooked.  She is a really great cook.  She made a sausage, shrimp, pasta dish that was soooo yummy!  Thanks T! :)   And while I was there, I got to visit two of my favorite little boys!!!  :)   They remembered me and we had such a fun little visit.  Oh, I miss them already too!  And my family, of course!  I really do have such a great family!!  A little story… before I left home to come up north to visit Mono’s family, I realized I had NO shoes to wear in the snow, much less snow boots.  And no stores had them.  I live in the Deep South; they have no need to sell snow boots.  So I had to make do with rain boots and they worked.  But the a few hours before I left I had been on the phone with my Aunt Mare, talking to her and at some point I mentioned I had no snow boots (which by the way were a definite necessity in the blizzard we ending up having!!), little did I know (and she got a kick out of it), she had some really cool snow boots waiting for me under her Christmas tree!  She figured that with the hopeful move back up north, I’d need some snazzy snow boots!  I got brown Coach snow boots, the have dark brown suede on the shoe part, then the part around my lower calf has brown and tan with the signature Coach “C” all over them, and then dark brown fur around the top!  They are wonderful!  And she also gave me a wonderful matching scarf!  I love scarves!  She spoils me big time!  So when I move up north, I am all prepared for the cold weather!  :)   Thanks, Aunt Mare, Uncle Tom, Mark, T and Chris!!!  This whole week a possibility of a wonderful nanny job was in the works.  I was really hoping it would go through, and it was super close to coming through, but the parents of the wife that could have needed me were going to be flying in.  I love the two kids that I would have been taking care of.  They are two of the cutest and great kids I’ve met!  I love them!  There were a few perks to go along with it too, but, the best perk for me would have been spending the week with those two little ones!  They love to bake, color, do crafts, play outside, read … all my kinda stuff!  Ya never know, maybe I’ll have another opportunity in the future! :)   So, now here I am, in the car again (will we ever get out!?) on my way to spend the night with the greatest little sisters ever (little in age, certainly not height! I’m basically shorter than three of them)!!  We’ll spend the day together tomorrow.  I am SO happy they have no school!  And then home we go on Wednesday and that is when I get to see Monito again!! :)   No real plans for New Years Eve or Day, but I’ll think of something fun! :)   Can’t wait to see him!  I’ve had some really nice time visiting with my family and friends these past couple of weeks up north!  Wish we were up there permanently!  Hopefully soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment