Sunday, December 13, 2009

Getting To Know You... Christmas Style!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?  I love to wrap my gifts in wrapping paper, bows, a nice tag and even a little accessory for an accent on top.  I love to give gifts and it makes it that much better when you can make it look nice!

2. Real tree or Artificial?   We have a HUGE tree, but it is artificial.  I love the smell of a fresh tree, but Yankee candles and wall plug-ins help! ;)

3. When do you put up the tree?  After Thanksgiving, depending on our schedule, but it goes up early in our house!

4 . When do you take the tree down?   At least until January 6th, but it usually stays up longer than that.  We enjoy it for a long time in our house!

5. Do you like eggnog? No, I'm really not fond of it.  Mono is so I bought him a container of it to enjoy!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Oh, as a child I received wonderful gifts.  Santa always brought just the right gift! :)  He still does. ;)

7. Hardest person to buy for?    Hmmm.... I don't usually have a real hard time getting presents.  I enjoy finding something that will be meaningful for each person.  If you don't know someone that well it is hard though.

8. Easiest person to buy for?    My little sisters, Kath, Katie, Monito, my family... I don't know.  They are all pretty easy I guess.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, we have two and I'd have more if I found nice ones.  I really love Nativity scenes.  We have a small white porcelain one that my aunt made my parents and then a large one that is really beautiful that we sit in our den, right in the center of the room.  :)

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?  Oh, I definitely do regular mail for Christmas cards.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?  I don't remember a bad Christmas gift.  I guess that is a good thing!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?   I like so many Christmas movies.  The older ones are great and a tradition to watch.  I enjoy watching Christmas Vacation and some of the newer, chick-flicky, made for tv ones.  I know, I'm a nerd.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?   I am always looking throughout the year.  If I see something that I know fits that person perfectly, I get it then.  It also helps financially so you don't have to spend so much money all at once right around Christmas!  I do sometimes end up with last minute gifts, like this year.  Yikes!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?  haha- No, that's just not right!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?  Well I always enjoy Christmas dinner with my family, but then our Christmas cookies and candies can't be missed, Peppermint bark is always yummy too... And my Mom makes this yummy Christmas punch with vanilla ice cream and crushed candy canes sprinkled on top!  We are only treated to it on Christmas Day!

16. Lights on the tree?   Yes and they are always white.  We have a very traditional tree.  It's beautiful!

17. Favorite Christmas song? Favorite? Do I have to just pick one?  I like too many of them!!

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I prefer to stay home if possible.  I've always lived close to family so it wasn't hard to stick closer to home.  Now that we live down south, we don't see our whole family on Christmas.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?  Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Vixen, Rudolph

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Always and angel!

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?   Christmas Morning!  Those are the best memories!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?  Stressed out people, crazy stores! Being far away from people you wish you could spend Christmas with.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?   Our tree has SO many ornaments.  There are no rules for what goes on it.  No color or theme to go by.  We have ornaments ranging from ones I made in pre-school to Waterford, Lenox and super delicate ones!  It's a beautiful tree with so many memories!

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?    The traditional family meal... At least a ham, lots of sides, lots of desserts, Aunt Mary's rolls, fruit salad... Yummmm!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Oh there are a few things. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment