Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I love my brother-in-law and sister-in-law...and instagram...and Lilly

(these are two wedding photos taken by Megan Beth)
 
As you know, I grew up as an only child, so I dreamed of the day when I got married and I'd have brothers and sisters... my husband's family. When Mono and I met, his brother wasn't married yet, but was dating his now wife. Erin has always been part of the family since the beginning for me. I'll never forget my very first trip to meet the family. I had already met a few of them, but this specific time, I was going to meet everyone... Aunts, Uncles, Cousins... Everyone. I loved it. Despite having packed the perfect wardrobe for my week with his family and it then getting lost, everything was smooth sailing. I loved everyone, had an amazing time and felt like I was part of their great family from the very start. I loved Mono's brother and sister-in-law a whole lot. They're a lot of fun, and so easy to get along with. Now, fast forward a few years, and both boys are married and we're all officially family. I really wish we lived closer so we could spend more time together, have barbecues, hang out by the pool, all those fun family things. But since we live hundreds of miles apart, we make the best out of the time we do get together. 

 This was from that first trip...
 Family vacations...
 and outings...
This year, for my birthday, my sweet sister-in-law, found the perfect gift for me. It was completely unexpected, things I thought no one knew I wanted. I had just set up an Instagram account and was at a store and was in Lilly heaven and took a picture of these tumblers that I adored. Little did she know, I was also checking out their stationery. Lilly just shouts Summer and living in a warm, sunny place. It brings a Florida feel to my life. I didn't know anyone payed any attention to my pictures, much less payed enough attention to then go out and buy me those very items for my birthday!
 
I am so grateful to be a part of such a fantastic family, and to finally have a brother and sister.


167. my Lilly cups that I drink nearly every drink out of
168. my brother-in-law and sister-in-law
169. my parents visits and all the help they give us while visiting
170. my other parents coming to visit this week!
171. days that I can really accomplish things and not have to deal with too much morning sickness

No comments:

Post a Comment