Friday, December 24, 2010

Jingle, Jingle, It's the Last Christmas Being Single!

Merry Christmas Eve to everyone! This year Christmas feels a little different. I am sure there are a few reasons for this feeling though. We are not doing anything like we normally do. We are spending Christmas with my Mom's side of the family so we won't be home for Christmas. That means no Christmas Eve baking or last minute festivities, no Midnight Mass, no waking up in my own bed.... But I am enjoying the fact that I can spend these days with my Grandparents. It's been years since spending Christmas Day with them, and I am thankful for this, despite the differentness (it's a made-up word). Tomorrow morning, I will wake up and go to Christmas Day Mass at a local Church nearby my grandparents house and then we will celebrate during the day and wait for the arrival of all the family! It should be a lot of fun! I will try to post tomorrow or the following day, with pictures!!

I would love to be able to celebrate Christmas with Mono and his family too, but starting next year, I will never have to celebrate apart from him! This is my last single Christmas. :) I cannot wait to open my eyes Christmas morning of 2011 with my Mon!! That will be a better gift than any other that could fit under the tree. I am not sure where we will be next Christmas, but if I can dream, I will have everyone to our home, wherever that may end up. I will take out my Christmas china and set it out all nice and festive for our first Christmas together. I would love to have everyone there, in our home. We will see if that will actually be able to happen or not. Most likely not, but I can dream, can't I? :)

The next few days, through the last days of 2010 should be filled with family, close friends and lots of fun! Tomorrow and the following couple of days will consist of Christmas festivities in New York, then the rest of the days spread out in Maryland. It should all be wonderful! Ringing in the New Year with a ring on my finger and wonderful hopes, dreams and prayers for 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment