Sunday, August 29, 2010

Fall Memories!

So, I’m sitting here on this super HOT Sunday afternoon, listening to The Boys of Fall, Kenny Chesney’s new single, wishing we were getting at least a hint of the fall season. This intense, humid summer weather has worn me out and I am more than ready to welcome my favorite season of the year!  I like everything about the fall.  It ignites all of your senses.  The only thing that I can say I miss out on in the fall is having a sun-kissed summer tan.  You can still go to the beach too, just not to swim or get a tan. In fact, going to the beach in pants, a shirt and scarf is so lovely and refreshing. I have so many wonderful memories of my childhood that took place in the cool, fall months. Whenever I think of this time of the year, I right away, think of my Uncle’s house in Vermont. Growing up our family went up there for a family vacation – aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents… the whole family… and THAT is fall to me. The house was always cozy with a fire, something cooking in the kitchen, cousins playing inside and outside, canoe rides, long walks around the lake, catching the colorful falling leaves, the smell of fire burning in all the chimneys from the local houses, visits to Bear, the huge, white fluff-ball of a dog down the road, trips to the orchard to pick apples, buy some fresh cider and pies… Oh the memories I have. The cozy clothes, the family memories, the smells in the air from cooking inside to the smoking chimneys… I cannot wait for these days to come, in Vermont, or at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment