Sunday, August 1, 2010

#1 On My List of 101 Things To Do in 1001 Days

So, number one on my list…Go to Italy, see all the sights I love!  I’ve been to Europe once, Bosnia to be specific, but the place I’d love to visit most of all is Italy.  I am not sure if I would be able to pick only one specific region though.  My favorite area is Tuscany, the little towns, the villas on gorgeous farms, the endless fields of sunflowers…. Oh to close my eyes and dream.  I don’t want to just go to Italy for the heck of it, or just to say I’ve been there.  There are so many aspects that go into it.  I want to live how Italians do, eat like Italians, SHOP like I’m Italian… and best of all, capture the beauty and the memories by photographing every moment.  The narrow streets and alleys, the fountains in town, the sidewalk cafe’s… what more could one ask for?!  While I was in Key Biscayne in July I met three little kids that lived down the hall from us.  They live part of the year in Florida, and the other part… Tuscany!  So yes, I not only loved them because they were kids, but because they loved telling me about Italy.  The four of us sat in the hallway of our floor and they each had a view and favorite things about living over there.  It was so much fun to hear what life is like there from a child.  :)   I have books and pictures saved on my computer of all different parts of Italy and I do hope to go there one day, and come home with memories and pictures of my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment