Friday, October 12, 2012

One.Four.Three.

One hundred forty three days until...

The Seaside Half Marathon!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not doing this to lose weight or beat a certain time. I'm only in this to compete and complete. End of story.
I can't wait for the feeling of crossing the finish line after running 13.1 miles in Seaside at their annual Half Marathon. I have a little love affair with 30A and I will be running in that very area right before my birthday! What an amazing birthday present! I will finally be running a half, which is something I have wanted to do for years and I will be spending a nice weekend at a place I love dearly!
My sweet friend and running coach will be right by my side all 13.1 miles!!
Can it get any better than that?
Actually... yeah, it can!
Mono, my two little men, my parents, my Grandparents on Mono's side, and Mike, Jilly's sweetheart are all going to be there cheering us on!! Woo hooooo, the excitement of everyone cheering for us already gives me goose bumpies!

I am not a real runner. Or a good one. But I am going to do this!
I just had two babies less than 2 months ago and I am ready for another adventure.
It will be a very long and slow road getting myself ready for Seaside, but Jilly says I can do it. And when Jilly says you can do it, you can!!
I am starting with a brisk walk, but only 1-2 miles at a time... that's for two reasons. One, I do not have much time on my hands. I have to run at the very end of the day when my sweet hubby is home to watch the little men and my to do list is completely checked off, right before the last feeding of the evening for the boys. I leave just enough time for some miles and a quick shower! And two, because I have not exercised a single day since September of 2011. Yeah, pathetic.

I exercised up until our wedding, but then after our wedding, we had a lot going on with settling into our new home and everything that goes along with that and then beginning morning sickness just a few months later, then being huge, on bed rest and more bed rest. So I am very, very out of shape. Heck, I've never been in shape... even before our wedding! I'm soooo not athletic. I'm athletically challenged to every single degree. But add on doing absolutely nothing for over 9 months and I'm really out of shape! So I am starting from before square one... walking one mile... then two miles... then starting adding in a light jog. When your goal is to be able to accomplish 13.1 miles, starting where I am makes for a terribly long road, but it will make the accomplishment all the greater in the end when I cross that line in Seaside!

I have to admit, being that I can't walk and eventually run until after dark, I have to run on my treadmill, which I am very grateful for or else this would not be possible, but it makes for a very difficult and boring run to train for. I stare at a cement wall listening to music. I am going to see if I can rig something so I can go online with my lap top while I am at least walking, and then eventually running maybe set up long blogs or interesting things to read. It might all help pass the time quickly.

Thank you Mono for not only letting me run this and to make the trip down to FL in March, but for cheering me on even in these beginning days... and for taking care of the boys so I can train for this little dream of mine!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment