Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Doing it All

Do you ever wish you were born to be able to do it all?
Maybe you have been blessed with that gift.
I have not.
I don't know if it is being extra tired and large lately or it's just not in me, but I can't do nearly all of it.
 I want to have an awesome prayer schedule... daily... and have it come so naturally.
I want to take amazing pictures with my camera that is left sitting out waiting to be used.
I want to have thoughtful words for others... and for blogging.
I want to use my talents and creativity for my family.
I want to cook simple, but delicious meals that have a good presentation... with my nice dishes and cloth napkins.
I want to have new freshly baked treats on hand in our kitchen.
I want to be prepared for all the holidays, even if it is just in simple ways.
I want to have thoughtful, simple gifts, wrapped just so.
I want my house to be tidy and welcoming, with not much out and around, everything having their place, just so.
I want to keep in touch with family and friends better than I do.
I want to be patient, loving, humble, and meek.
I want to be a better wife in every way.
I wish I could have the perfect tended garden, with flowers over flowing on my back deck, veggies waiting to be harvested from raised beds and herbs ready to be picked for fresh meals.
I could go on forever. I just wish I could do it all.
The thoughts and desire all come naturally to me and they are deep desires, so why can't I do it?
Sometimes I think I complicate my life in ways that don't need to be and that distracts me and makes me unable to simply life to be able to have some of these things happen. None of them are hard or incredibly lofty ideas, but I just can't seem to get it right. Maybe I should pick one want at a time, and try to master that well, or at least get a grip on it. 
 
Do any of you ever feel this way? Have you found any solutions that have been helpful?

No comments:

Post a Comment