Monday, June 11, 2012

Pregnancy Update

I'm twenty-six weeks today!
I've grown a lot. My belly is bigger now than my best friend was at full term.
How's that for ya!?
And yes, I still have a few months to go.
God help me!

I'm dying to run. I really want to be able to run again. And who knows when I will be able to.
Obviously I have to wait until after the boys are born and a bit after too. And even after that, who knows when I will have time! I would like to run a half as you may know from previous posts, but that is going to take a long time in training for. Until then, I think I will have to stick to 5ks. Here is one I've been wanting to do for a while...
Actually, ever since August of last year, when Meg over at Whatever (a blog I follow) wrote this post, I've wanted to find a way to be covered in brightly colored chalk!
Shortly after I heard about The Color Run.
They have these 5k's all across the country, including near my home!
This year, the one near us is on Labor Day... well it really might be labor day for me since I am due in September.
So that obviously cuts out this years Color Run. Hopefully next year!!
But I will be running as soon as I can, when I can. 

Still no cravings. I'm wondering if I will get them at all.

My mood is okay... I guess.
I've only cried twice, or maybe three times. haha And usually, it's at night, when I am overly tired and can't sleep.
I get down and feel sluggish because I am not able to do much. I don't feel creative, though I have a million ideas. I just don't have the oomph to do any of it. I don't want to regret not doing things to prepare for the boys though, creatively.
I really should start thinking ahead of things that I want to do in the upcoming months after they are born, and get that all ready to do.
Any creative ideas you did when your children were first born? For pictures, for memories?

Heartburn. Actually, it should be HEARTBURN. Yes, much better.
I could literally be fine, heartburn-free and happy, and then I have a glass of water, just a glass of water, and heartburn is in complete, full swing! What the heck is that about!? Water!!
Tums has has to become my friend before bed. I try not to have to take anything for my symptoms during pregnancy (morning sickness, headaches, heartburn), but I've had to take Tylenol a couple times for terrible head aches and now Tums in the evening so I can get a few minutes of shut eye.

Sleep? What's that? I guess I am getting prepared for some sleepless nights. I take naps during the day though. Usually a little after lunch, I lay on the couch, put the tv on and the fan, and fall asleep for a little while. Sometimes it is just half and hour, but I think when Mami was here, I took a few longer naps, 1-2 hours even.

They boys are definitely moving around. Not all day, every day, but they are certainly a bit active. One more so than the other. Since they move around a little bit in there, I can't always tell which one is the one moving or kicking, but it seems like Baby A is the mover.

We're still not 100% on baby names. Yikes. I know that's okay and we still have time, but I would surely like to have their names set in stone.

I'm dying for the beach, for a pool, for nice, blue water! I want sand, salty air, and palm trees, but none of that is going to come my way. There is no traveling for me from now until the boys arrive. All of my summer plans went out the window and plopped in those plans are my couch.
I was really bummed when I found out I couldn't have any beach time this summer. If you know me, I live for the beach! I think my aunt's pool is going to have to do! Maybe even this weekend.

Even with some of these a little less than wonderful symptoms that come along with being pregnant, I am incredibly excited for our boys to arrive! I love going in their room, seeing all their cute clothes hanging in the closet. To be honest, I didn't think I'd have as much fun picking out boy clothes, but it could be even better! The clothes out there for boys are so cute! At least the ones we've received and I've come upon while shopping.

Well, that is my update for you today. Excuse the hair in all of my pictures that I post. As soon as the boys are born, something has to be done to it. The color and everything is just out of control right now!
And also, excuse the clothes. I had a small pregnancy wardrobe to start with, but now I am very quickly growing out of shirts to wear. I think I can only count on one hand at this point (not including tanks like this black one that I normally just wear under my shirts).


 

No comments:

Post a Comment