Tuesday, June 11, 2013

my fave cold salad: a recipe

I am not a cook. I am not creative in the kitchen. I pretty much just get by. I can follow a recipe though and this is one of my favorites for a cold summer salad. If I can do this, so can you! You can eat it as a side or you can grab some tortilla chips or Fritos and eat it as a dip! Bonus! I'm here to share the recipe with you today!

Black Bean and Feta Salad:

2 cans of black beans (rinsed and drained)
2 small cans of white shoepeg corn (just drained)
2 packages of garlic and herb feta cheese
finely chopped green onions - I just do to taste, probably about 1 handful chopped

For the dressing, use 1 cup of apple cider vinegar,
1/3 cup of olive oil,
a little less than 1/2 cup of sugar (next time, I am going to taste it with 1/4 cup to see if I can get by without changing the taste too much)
a few sprinkles of salt, pepper and garlic powder

Walla! Simple, easy, and oh so tasty!

I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!
I can't wait to take it to a fun summer outing in a cute dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment