Thursday, July 1, 2010

Getting Ready For the Fourth! :)

It’s July 1st already.  I cannot believe how fast the summer is going by.  I was in Miami one month ago today and it feels like it was only 2 weeks ago.  I leave again, for the same destination, tomorrow!  We are going to spend a long weekend for the 4th of July with Gus’ grandparents at their place down there.  We are all very much looking forward to this trip.  I have lots to do today though!  Everything that needs to be done, seems to be focused around the 4th.  I have an order for a barbecue themed apron, which of course reminds me of the 4th of July, and that has to go out in the mail tomorrow.  The last little touches are going on its pockets today.  And I am making some fun desserts for our trip, not many though because we are going to be having our fair share of sweets/pastelitos when we get down to Florida.  I always like to do things for the 4th though.  If I was going to be at home, I’d surely be doing a whole lot more.  In fact, I have a long list of desserts alone that I would like to make. :)   I’ll stick with 2 or 3 though this year.  I’m all packed (well except my bathing suit, which is drying) and my camera is charging (that’s a MUST!) with an empty memory card ready to go!  I am determined to take LOTS of pictures, even though I am limited with my lens.  I even had a mini nightmare about my lens last night.  I had an opportunity to take an awesome picture for someone and because of my lens limitations, I wasn’t able to do the proper job… yes, I am becoming obsessed with photography!!  Well, I should go and get my cookie dough prepared and chilling in the fridge for after lunch.  Oooh, I can’t wait for my little desserts to be done.  How tempting it will be to eat them. ;) Happy Fourth of July everyone!!  Pray for America!

No comments:

Post a Comment