Monday, December 2, 2013

momma mondays: time change

We spent the past week in the northeast with the Hubs family and my parents. It is always such a wonderful visit when we go back up there to see everyone. But the one thing that gets me as a momma is the time change. The boys had been doing so well at home, waking up closer to 7, 7:30, which was the biggest blessing to a momma that doesn't sleep at night! I knew ahead of time that their schedules would be set off as well as we'd be an hour different. Thankfully it was an hour later there, so mentally I would feel better about early wake ups. 7 at home is 8 in the Eastern time zone. But of course, with the traveling and all the fun being at Grandma's is, the boys wanted to wake up even earlier! They would wake up around 6… Eastern time. Y'all, that is 5 back at home. Now that we are home again, and everything is an hour earlier, I know we will adjust, but waking up and seeing such an early time on my clock is a tad painful. We woke up at 5:30 this morning and the boys are raring to go. Thankfully I don't feel that bad. They are playing and I am trying to gather my thoughts and plans for the week and start to schedule life out so the weeks leading up to Christmas are enjoyable rather than a wild frenzy of to do lists! Today and the days following, we will start to adjust their eating schedule again, the times they go down for a nap, and then bed time. I won't do it all at once, but we will slowly inch our way back to the normal of being at home.

Do you have any tips for traveling with your little ones, especially when changing time zones and getting off schedule? 

No comments:

Post a Comment