Saturday, February 5, 2011

What A Nutmare! (35)


This project was a nightmare nutmare! ;) I wanted to make my own chocolate hazelnut spread, like Nutella, but I had purchased the hazel nuts still in the shells, which turned this once exciting task into something dreadful!
 What feels like 200 hazelnuts later (there were a lot of them!), I had to crack, roast and peel each one before even beginning to make the spread!
 Cracking all the nuts took a while, but that wasn't the worst part. The worst part was then peeling those skins off once they were out of the oven. Ugh! I'm not ruling making my own spread again, but I will be buying them shelled and de-skinned! This project took a lot longer than anticipated or necessary.
But for now, I'm happy just eating my Nutella out of the jar bought at the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment