Monday, October 4, 2010

Road Trip!


Mono and I spent part of the day at the Georgia Aquarium, in Atlanta, Georgia yesterday. His good friend from college and his wife and two sons were going to be there for the weekend so we hopped in the car and took a little road trip! Atlanta is 3 hours away from where I live, but it's not a bad ride at all. It was a nice, cool Fall day and we rolled the windows down, turned the tunes up and had a great ride! We met up with Matt, Kara and the kids around 1:00 ET (I live in CT), walked to the aquarium and spent a couple of hours, which the kids loved! Their oldest son, who is 3, just brings a smile to your face. He is the cutest little guy and he has a lot to say! He wanted to see Nemo and the octopuses! After a few hours there, we walked to a nice nearby park that had a playground and the kids enjoyed playing, while the four of us sat and talked. I had met Matt last month for the first time. We were up in D.C. and we met him for lunch. I am friends with his wife on good ol' Facebook, but I had yet to meet her in person, and the boys, of course! So I really enjoyed that. They had plans later that evening and we had a 3 hour drive home, plus a quick stop and to grab a bite to eat, so we left the park after an hour or so of chatting and went on our way. It was such a lovely day. The weather was perfect and time with good friends is always something to cherish! I wish it could happen more often!

I thought this was a cute picture! Look at him, the little eel. He was smiling for me! :)


This is Matt, Kara and their boys. They are a beautiful family. Those boys are just precious! Look at their little smiles! :) This is at the park we sat at. Doesn't it look like a beautiful day?!

We stopped at a scrapbooking store that I had a gift card to (Atlanta area is the nearest I can use it) and then stopped for a nice quick dinner before heading home. I always enjoy dinner out with Mono and again, our ride home was so nice. I couldn't get too many pictures of the sky from where we were at, but this was our drive home! Wasn't the sky just lovely?


Even though time with good friends never seems to be long enough, it is always so enjoyable. Both Mono and I have good friends that live far away, which makes time with them even harder, but all the more cherished! I do hope to see them again soon; maybe on one of our trips back up north.

Do you have a treasured friend that lives far from you?

No comments:

Post a Comment