Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Can I Do It?

For a while now, I have been wanting to attempt to make ravioli for dinner... completely from scratch! That means the pasta dough and the cheese filling... could I really do it? The thought of making cheese was a little daunting to me, but...... I did it!! :) I had so much to do today. I was up before 6am, out by 6:30 and pretty much didn't sit down until it was time for dinner at 6. As soon as dinner was over, I had about an hour of work to do after, and now.... I am relaxing! Finally! Laying on the couch, with a pillow and comfy covers! But, back to my meal! ;) So I came up with the idea of making this for dinner and I planned my day to a "T" so that it would work. I went to the grocery store this morning to get the ingredients and anything else I would need, came home, made the ricotta cheese, then while that was sitting and doing it's thing, I worked on the Oreo truffles that I was making to send to someone special. Then I made the pasta, let it sit (covered) for a while and then I sat for over an hour to go through all the mail and pay all the bills from when we were away. After that was done, it was time to get the raviolis shaped and filled! I was very happy with out it all came out. I learned a few things that I can do differently next time, but all in all I thought it was a delicious meal. :) And I stole a few of the Oreo truffles to have as dessert. Shhh.... don't tell anyone.  ;) Even with a very full and busy day, and thoughts that I might not be able to accomplish making this dinner well, everything worked out just perfect! :) And now, time to just unwind and rest. I am sooo tired. Good night!
















No comments:

Post a Comment