Monday, October 25, 2010

Happy Birthday To My Best Friend!

 My best friend will be turning 24 in a few days. She is so dear to me so I love to celebrate her special day. Unfortunately we live hundreds of miles apart from each other, so celebrating together doesn't happen often. In fact, it's only happened once for hers and once for mine. I have known her since 2000. Ten years, crazy! It seems like it has been longer though. She is such a special friend, more like a sister. I know I can talk to her about just about anything. She and I met in a kinda odd way. A lot of people ask how we met being that we come from two different states that neither had even ever visited. We were both using the same home study program and they put a year book out one year and we were both in it. They had a space to put your contact information for pen pals and she spotted me and wrote to me! I was so excited to get a letter in the mail from a classmate! :) We clicked right away and it's been a wonderful friendship ever since! 
 Part of her present is being held hostage in Maryland with my parents so it is going to be delayed. I like to get her gift there so she can open it on her birthday, but this year, it's not looking so good. I hope she enjoys them when they get there! I'm already planning on the wrapping I will use. That's one of my favorite parts of giving gifts…. wrapping them! Side note: If I could have a dream job, I think that would be my job… wrapping people's gifts for them.

I hope my dear friend has a lovely birthday. She deserves the very best. Not everyone is so blessed to have a friend like her. We have had such wonderful memories over the years of our friendship. We have visited each other's families, gone on vacations together, and earlier this year, we spent a few days together in Nashville at the beautiful Gaylord Opryland Hotel. That was a very memorable trip! 

Weekend at the Gaylord Opryland


 In Miami this summer
Hopefully we will be able to do more things like that in the future. The older we get, the busier our schedules get so it makes visits that much harder. She is studying for her masters to become a SLP and I am so proud of her. She has worked so hard and it is surely paying off.



She has a heart of gold and will do anything for anyone. She is dedicated, talented, and hard working. She is funny and smart. Her beauty certainly comes from within, but is such a beautiful woman on the outside as well. She is a wonderful daughter and sister and a great best friend. I am very blessed to call her my friend.

I wish you the very best birthday, full of fun, happiness and lots of love! Happy Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment