Sunday, January 8, 2012

When in Need, Call Your Friend

A lot goes into planning a wedding, especially from hundreds of miles away. Worrying about makeup was not something I had planned on putting into the mix of plans.
 
As I have mentioned before, our wedding did not go off flawlessly. There were a lot of painful moments in the planning process. All worth it, none if it ruined our day, but while it was happening, it was quite the struggle.
One of them was my many makeup trials. I knew who would be doing my makeup, but I needed to get the look, and the makeup to go along to make it all come to life. 
 I can't even tell you how many places I went to. How many different looks, people wanted for me. No one would listen. One lady refused to do what I asked her to try and told me I needed to do burgundy and an orangey gold. Ummm yeah. I don't think so, ma'am.
 Well after the burgundy and orangey gold scare, I called my sweet friend in New York in an utter panic. I don't even know why I bothered going anyway to even try the look I wanted. I knew she knew exactly what I wanted. And she did.
 Though I would be getting married in the fall, I did not want fall-like colors on my face. I don't wear much makeup to begin with, much less dark shades. I knew pale pinks and purples and nothing harsh is what I was aiming for.
 
 
 I made one last attempt at a second Sephora, where Jilly sent me to look at specific colors. It's pretty funny because before I even told the lady there, she suggested the exact colors/brands/shades/everything that Jilly sent me for! The colors she already bought to use on me! She is good! 
No... fabulous.
 
 
 Not only did she do a beautiful job, but it lasted all day long, but it withstood a photo shoot by our wonderful photographer, Megan Beth, in the rain, dancing the night away, many laughs and smiles and even, two waterfalls of tears.
Oh yeah... and cake being shoved in my face, by this handsomely adorable husband!
My makeup was flawless, at least in my opinion. Many other guests at our wedding thought the same. So it's not just me being biased towards my good friend. 
Jilly, I know I have thanked you before, and I think you know how grateful I was and pleased I was with what you did for me, but I want to thank you again. Not just for the makeup though. (Oh, by the way, she stopped at my room somewhere between midnight and 1am the night before my wedding for a quick hello hug and emergency help that only her magic wand could fix. Yes, she does have a working magic wand... in case you were wondering.) Not just for waking up at an ungodly hour doing my makeup, Mom's makeup, or nearly all my bridesmaids, but just for being there. Being the sweet Jillian that you are. Whether it was casual talks batting wedding ideas back and forth, answers of frantic phone calls, helping me pull together my milkshake bar for Mono, or just being a calming sense beside me. 

You are a dear friend that I know I can always cherish. Someone that I can laugh with, share ideas with, grow with, blog with..... We may be different in some ways, but we are certainly so much alike. I mean, two of our 2012 goals were exactly the same, though we never mentioned either to each other before. Thank you for helping me reign in my wild schedule and make it into orchestrated and productive days. Thank you for your encouragement and advice in my running. For always pushing me and helping me get my creative juices flowing. The list goes on, but I think you for all of it. I love you sweet friend. Thank you for everything and for just being you.

note: I can't say the same for my hair... none of it. But Jilly didn't do it, so what should I have expected. Can't expect perfection, unless from Jilly.


104. a sweet friend I can always count on

105. a husband that makes me laugh

106. encouragement

1 comment:

  1. Love you Marezy...and I will always be here for you! I'm so happy to be a part of your world once again, through our distance, we have really flourished as friends!

    Can't wait to see what our future brings for us...

    It's amazing to think that our friendship all came from our moms friendship...I know our kids will be just as cherished of friends as we are!

    ReplyDelete