Monday, January 9, 2012

Sending You A Note

 I've been experience a tremendous dry streak in my creativity. It bothers me like no other! And finally, tonight, the juices started flowing again.
 First of all, I started an online knitting class... that is way over my head. But I didn't give up and I didn't lose my patience, which was surprising. I am not sure if I was more proud of what I was learning (or trying to learn) or the fact that as hard as it was, I patient through it all. I still have a long way to go and I hope I can do it.
 I'm making a small gray elephant with a pale aqua sweater. Doesn't that just sound adorable? And the look of it reminds me of simplicity, my word for 2012... that I still haven't posted about. Maybe before 2013 I will. Now while my elephant reminded me of simplicity and my goals for the year, immediately it reminded my husband of today's game. Alabama vs. LSU. We're Alabama fans and I guess starting my elephant today was perfect timing. Especially since we won! But, my little elephant won't be sporting a red sweater. It will remain aqua.
 This evening, while watching the big game, I sat at our kitchen table, making little flat card, note cards. They are as simple as simple can be, but I had a lot of fun. I made just short of 100 cards. Some were mess ups, and then I ran out. I only have a few colors in stamp pads so that really limited me as well. I have to start making more of these. Stamping, drawing and painting on them. I don't know what I will be doing with them, but I love them.
 
Tomorrow, in the daylight, I will take nicer ones, of all the styles. Night time lighting is just awful. I had a lot of ideas, but not a lot of supplies. I was wishing I had all my pretty papers, stickers, markers and everything else in my art room at my parent's house! I'll have to get my hands on them soon so I can keep creating. 

104. a husband that actually cares about my little creative projects... and encourages me

105. for the creative juices to be flowing again

106. Roll Tide!!




No comments:

Post a Comment