Monday, September 22, 2014

momma mondays: oh momma! you dressed!

For the past few weeks since Z has been with us, I am trying to figure out life with three littles. And for the past almost two weeks, I am trying to develop a new routine without the help I had for the first week. I could easily fit a shower in or heck, even brush my teeth when we had family around to help out each morning. But now, with it being just me and the three little ones in the mornings, their schedules don't line up right for me to do any of that first thing in the morning. And, sometimes it doesn't line up right in the afternoon at the boys nap time either.

It really gets to me after a few days when I can't get ready in the morning for the day. I don't even need to get all fancied up, but to just feel good, that helps. So this past week I wasn't able to work out getting ready until a bit later and I hated it. I was feeling awful about myself and about the day. But, yesterday, nap times lined up and I actually had a little bit of time to shower and brush my teeth. The boys took their long nap and Z took just a long enough snooze to get those two things done. I was so pleased.

And so was Will.

When he woke up from his nap, he looked up at me and said, "Oh Momma! You dressed!"
My two year old noticed I actually got dressed and was no longer in my sweats or pjs.

I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. Had I been that bad that even he noticed? I knew then that I had to figure out some sort of plan to get a shower in first thing, without messing ups little sleep I did get. So I figured I would make the attempt to set my alarm for a time that they might still be asleep and try for tomorrow morning. The boys don't always wake up at the same time so it might be tricky, but I'm going to give it a whirl.

So, to all you Mommas of little ones, how do you find and make the time to get yourself ready each morning? Do you have any little things that you do that make you feel better starting your day right? I'd welcome any tidbits of help while I figure out our days with my sweet ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment