Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Humble and Honest Heart

For a while now I have been wanting to have a time set aside each morning to quietly read my Bible and maybe even take some notes.
It's not something I should be putting off, even for one day.
But I have put it off... for more than one day.

A few days back, I went to grab my Bible off the bookshelf and it was gone.
For the life of me, I cannot place where it could be.
I guess that is what happens when it is so long between uses.

I have a really nice small one, but it is not the one I like to use for daily reading.
It's leather, small and very tiny print.
I have still not located my paperback.
I looked with my parents Bibles, and it's not there either.
So I am on the hunt for a new one.

Another problem I have when I take my Bible out to read, is I don't always know what I am supposed to be getting out of certain passages. 
My little mind doesn't always wrap around Christ's Word as it should. 

So I was trying to find one that is still Catholic and traditional, yet I could work with it better. 
Mono's Mom suggested the Navarre Bibles. 
Unfortunately they come in many different volumes so I am starting with the one that I could grab off my Dad's shelf.
It's the Letters of Saint Paul
It's super thick, the size of my regular Bible... And this is just one piece.
But I am going to read my way through it, soak up every bit that I can, and then move on to another volume.

How does that sound? 
Do you take time each day to set aside time for Christ?
Do you have any good tips for making time in this busy and crazy world?
I set aside time to go to Mass daily (or as close to daily as possible), but I know that's not enough.
He gives me so much.
He loves me so much.
And I need to do more, be more and love more in return.

I'm hoping this is a good, fresh start.
Please keep this little blogger in your prayers so I can grow more in love with Him each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment