Friday, May 10, 2013

Accepting the Wake Up Call

I am very blessed that our boys sleep decently well. I wouldn't say they are great sleepers/nappers, but I really should not complain. They get cranky around 6:00 pm and go to bed around 6:30. Will wakes up briefly each night around 2:30 am but goes back to sleep. But then they both wake up around 5:15... for good. They like to play in the bed with me, smile, talk, etc. And then we go out to the family room and play a bit before breakfast. It's actually quite lovely, if I take away the extremely tired feeling. Now that they have seemed to set their internal alarm clocks for this time, I decided I have to accept it happily. I can't change it, but I can change how I react to it. I can try to get enough done early enough so I don't go to bed too late and am able to get enough hours in to function the following day. And when 5:15 comes, I can enjoy the smiling moments with the boys. So this morning, when my little alarm clocks woke me up with their giggles and chatting, I smiled and giggled back with them. We chatted for a little bit, changed their diapers and then went out to play. It is a lot easier to get up at 5:15 with a smile than being all grumpy. Sure, I am exhausted, but I am happily exhausted this morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment